The new year has come and most of us take this time of year to jump on resolutions. We take it as an opportunity to start fresh. As we embark to some new beginnings, we also try new things and that includes cocktails that serve as winter warmers since January is the month when the temperature is expected to drop.
As you ring in the 2021 with your favorite winter appetizer and cocktail recipes, you will need something to transform your winter parties into something memorable and worthwhile. Get started mixing these 10 cocktails as a sure fire way to up the ante this new year.
Werther’s Hot Toddies:
You can never go wrong with a hot toddy for cold winter nights. Add a Werther's candy to your next cup to give it a sweet twist. Werther’s candy provides an extra caramel flavor to the toddy making it the perfect cocktail during chill weather.
Fresh fruit cocktails are also a great choice during winter. Fire up your favorite Negroni with ruby red grapefruit chunks and an extended strip of grapefruit peel spiraled inside the glass.
1. Curl the grapefruit peel around the inside of a classic glass and fill with ice cubes. Set aside.
2. Crush the grapefruit segments into a shaker and drop in the fruit.
3. Put in the remaining ingredients and fill the shaker with ice.
4. Shake briskly and strain into the prepared glass.
Michelada is a combination of beer and tomato juice, spices and lime in a salt rimmed glass. This classic cocktail is also known as Chelada.
This thirst quenching cocktail is a refreshing blend of cranberry juice, whisky, apple schnapps and apple slices. An easy to make and easy to drink cocktail perfect for families this January.
1. Combine all the ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
2. Pour it in a coupe glass using a strainer.
3. Add the apple slice as a garnish.
Uniting the potent flavors of Gin, applejack and apricot liqueur, makes the Angel’s Face Cocktail a powerful choice this winter season. It offers a strong combination of fruity and delicate.
1. Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir well.
2. Pour into a cocktail glass with the help of a strainer.
3. Add an orange peel for the garnish.
Nueva Playa Del Sur
If you are looking for a sunny beach vibe in the middle of winter, this combination of rum, blood orange juice, agave nectar and Champagne, is the ideal cocktail to make.
1. Separate the champagne and combine the rest of the ingredients into a shaker filled with ice.
2.Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass after shaking vigorously.
3.Add the champagne and garnish with an orange peel.
Spend your January with this rebelliously bittersweet cocktail that is made of bourbon cocktail that’s tempered with bitter amaro and sweet, silky orgeat.
1. Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass and add ice. Shake well.
2. Serve in a Nick and Nora Glass.
3. Add a grated nutmeg for garnish.
Give your hot tea a twist this winter with a mix of spiced rum, lemon juice and orange bitters. This cocktail is one of the best choices to fight the wintertime chills.
1. Mix the rum, lemon juice, and syrup in a small mug.
2. Add the hot tea and bitters.
3. Stir well, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
Merry Maple Sour
Merry Maple Sour is a warming cocktail that can also top your list for this winter.
Very Merry Bourbon Alexander
This winter cocktail is known for its creamy and sweet taste.
1. Put together all ingredients in a shaker and add ice.
2. Shake vigorously, strain into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish with nutmeg, cranberries ,and a sprig of rosemary.
P.S. If you want to level up your January cocktail and cheese board game with Foghat Cocktail Smoker. It comes with a Cloche Set that is guaranteed to turn your cocktail moments into an exciting experience! Your snacks and booze will never be the same. You can grab it at woodsgoodsco.com/foghat to keep the fun going at your movie nights, game days, and parties.